Tips and Home remedies for healthy living from Honey
Tips and Home remedies for healthy living from Honey:
Pure honey is natures invaluable gift. Particularly for chest and lungs honey also has certain other useful properties that we try to exploit for our benefit. (People with diabetes that prohibits consumption of honey or those having allergies to honey take expert opinion before trying out our tips.)
Homemade face pack for radiant skin:
- Please read and follow instructions completely
- Take one table spoon of good quality honey in a clean bowl
- Squeeze one lemon juice in it
- Mix the two ingredients well till it turns homogeneous and store in clean bottle
- When you want to use it shake the mixture in bottle well to make it homogeneous
- Wash and rinse your face well and apply the mixture lightly on face and dab face lightly with warm water
- Initially apply for two minutes and rinse the face with plain water.
- Gradually increase the application if skin shows no abnormalities
- Can be applied overnight if there are no side effects.
- Some people may be sensitive of allergic to lemon so better test it on your forearm initially to check any signs of discomforts before applying
Home remedy for throat irritation, cold or flu:
Ayurveda considers flu or cold and irritation caused by cold and flu as body develops and access of cool and moistness from excess of ‘Kapha’ (Water+ Earth) and reduced digestive fire or poor digestion caused by excess of ‘Vata’ (Ether + Air).
- Take a table spoon of good honey in a clean container
- Grate a 3/4 inches piece of ginger and squeeze its juice in honey
- Add a tea spoon of lemon juice and mix the three ingredients well a pinch of salt can be added to taste
- Lick of slightly sip this mixture keeping it in mouth and throat for about 10 seconds before swallowing
- Repeat this process 4 to 6 times a day for 2/3 days
Honey for Detox
Drinking a warm cup of herbal tea with a tea spoon of honey helps in good bowel movement and detoxing body and a good night sleep.
Honey for toothache
- Take a tablespoon of honey in a clean container
- Take one-inch piece of cinnamon and four cloves and pound the two till powdery
- Mix this mixture well with honey
- When there is a toothache dip a clean gauze or cotton bud in this mixture and place it on aching tooth. There will be an immediate relief from toothache
Apply it as often as you need. You may like to check out with dentist the cause for the toothache
The Science of Ayurveda is believed as a universal consciousness in Indian tradition, an eternal science that had preexisted mankind. Well, in a way this isn’t that far fetched an idea, herbs and their properties exist always whether we can discover it or not.
Ayurveda and Yoga (the physical, mental and spiritual practices) together forms what is the ancient Indian medical science. Ancient Indian rishis and mystics meditated not for seeking out any gods, but to seek knowledge. The understand the nature of reality itself. Ayurveda, just like Yoga has deep roots and evolution going back three to five thousand years and more. It is built on coded knowledge, however as all Indian texts are ‘open source’ system, it also allows for subtle changes and modifications depending on teachers own experience and uniqueness of each individual. Ayurveda is based on sound logic and observation that is now being subject to modern medical scrutiny and often found compatible to modern science.